University of Naples Federico II and eument-net will organize the international conference dedicated to the topic of unconscious bias in transforming academia (16 – 17 September 2019).
Part of the conference will focus on mentoring as a succesful tool to support gender equality in academia. We will speak about benefits of mentoring for various target groups of mentees and mentors and for institutions including partners/sponsors.
Preparatory team met 8th of February in Freiburg. Call for abstracts will be announced soon!
Big thanks to Evelyn Rusdea, a coordinator of kite-mentoring program for female doctoral candidates and postdoctoral researchers, for hosting the meeting!
On 6 and 7 February took place a short-term visit of Katerina Cidlinska, the coordinator of the Czech mentoring program for early career researchers, at the Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf thanks to the inivitation from Ekaterina Masetkina, the coordinator of SelmaMeyerMentoring.
The visit consisted of many meetings with university officers, coordinator of mentoring program for early career physicians and representatives of students and of the workshop for SelmaMeyerMentoring mentees dedicated to the communication skills
These two days were very fruitful! Kateřina thanks Ekaterina for the chance to draw inspiration for the mentoring program she coordinates. „Her“ mentees can look forward for few innovations and improvements. It was also interesting to see how other coordinators approach their role and to reflect own work on this basis.
Katerina strongly recommends such a short-term visit to other coordinators! Let´s visit each other :-). Here you can see which program could be the best fit for yours.
Our next General Assembly will take place on 18th of September 2019 in Naples.
The General Assembly will follow the international conference organized by University of Naples Federico II (Mentoring Program GENOVATE@UNINA) and eument-net.
Detailed information will be available here soon.
Our next General Assembly will take place during the 10th European Conference on Gender Equality in Higher Education (20-22 August 2018 in Dublin). We will inform you about the exact day imediately after the announcement of the detailed conference program.
In March 2018, eument-net gave an interview to EPWS as its members association.
Sustainability and advancement of mentoring-programmes in the context of structural change
Eument-net second international workshop hosted at the LMU Center for Advanced Studies
8. – 9. Oktober 2012
University structures are changing throughout Europe. Staff development and organizational change could possibly foster the equal participation of women in all hierarchical positions. Which contribution can mentoring-programmes make here and which forms of cooperation with other protagonists have to be installed or deepened?
The eument-net workshop provides a unique opportunity for coordinators of mentoring programmes and specialists in staff development to discuss and share their experience in order to enhance their programmes’ or institutions’ range of services and programmes.
- Workshop Method and Workshop Programme [more…]
- take-home-messages [more…]
- Dr. Ada Pellert, Berlin University for Professional Studies: Human resource management and organisastion change in higher education [more…]
- Ulle Jäger, University of Basel: Potentials of mentoring programmes for structural change [more…]
- Helene Füger / Muriel Besson: HR development through cooperation between mentoring programs and other actors. Experience at the University of Fribourg with the «BuLa Network» [more…]
- Manuela Kaiser-Belz: Dorothea Schlözer Mentoring Program Advancing Womens‘ Careers in Science [more…]
- Magdalena Fremdling: BayernMentoring: Success factors at the University of Applied Sciences, Neu-Ulm German Federal State of Bavaria [more…]
- Bahar Haghanipour: Human resource development through cooperation between mentoring programmes and other actors / measures in the field of promotion for young academics [more…]
- Maja Heidenreich: Cross-Cultural Mentoring at the University of Stuttgart [more…]
- Uta Henßge: The role of the MentorinnenNetzwerk in the professional development of mentors [more…]
- Ruth Kamm: Human Resource Development through cooperation between mentoring programmes and other actors/ measures in the field of promotion for young academics [more…]
- Sigried Lievens: Mentoring for young researchers at Ghent University [more…]
- Manuela Sauer: Women become more visible. Results of the mentors survey [more…]
- Silke Weisweiler, Claudia Peus & Dieter Frey: Evaluation of a mentoring program for female scientists [more…]